[Tagging] Use of old_name (was Re: Mapping deforestation)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:38:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 19:07, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> totally off-topic:

Indeed :-)

>  I know plenty of people that cannot do that without GPS,

When we were talking about GPSs a few years ago, a mate was telling a story
that one of the ladies he works with didn't show up for work one morning,
with no warning or contact. Tried to ring her at home but no answer. They
were getting a bit concerned when she showed up, about 3 hours late & quite
flustered.

When they asked what was wrong, she said that when she went out to her car,
her GPS wouldn't work, so she couldn't figure out how to get to work, so
finished up having to catch a bus.

She'd been working there for 5 years ... :-)

Thanks

Graeme