[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 06:55:31 UTC 2019

Please don’t change the established meaning of amenity=police; it should
keep meaning “a public police station”.

Most database users are only going to be interested in public police
stations, that’s why we’ve gotten by for over 10 years with just
amenity=police.

It’s fine if the police=* tag isn’t I’m used by all renderers and database
users at first, because only some types of maps and databases need
additional info.

Joseph