[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 23:47:31 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 02:17, Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be a possible solution to keep amenity=police for public-facing
> police stations only, but invite mappers on the wiki to nevertheless add
> police=station, so that in the future the majority of police stations will
> hopefully also carry the police=station tag?

As I mentioned earlier though, rendering would also have to be changed, so
that the only things that renders with the Police icon is the actual
public-facing Police stations.

The Police warehouse, holding yard, vehicle maintenance facility, driver
training track, Academy, Mounted Police stables etc etc should not be
rendered with the Police icon, as they are not open to the public.

Thanks

Graeme