[Tagging] Do we still need cycleway=opposite_lane? (Was: Do we still need cycleway=opposite?)

"Christian Müller" cmue81 at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 18:53:16 UTC 2019

What is the "normal traffic flow" of a two-way road?

After all, opposite_lane made it to be used in combination
with these as well - despite the fact that [1] documents
combination with oneways exclusively.  (And because of that
[1] presumably spares details on right/left-handedness of
traffic systems.)

The problem is that the value has moved out of that solid
definition and -in the wild- is used in different context.

Greetings