[Tagging] Bus rapid transit: service=bus vs service=busway vs no service tag

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:00:14 UTC 2019

Le 27.03.19 à 12:30, Mateusz Konieczny a écrit :
> Mar 27, 2019, 11:29 AM by fernando.trebien at gmail.com:
>>     service=bus is much more common, but the wiki discourages its use [2]
>>     since 2017, although I could not find any discussion supporting this
>>     change.
>
> Given that warning was reaction to page claiming that this tag must be
> added because unspecified renderer is broken I think that
> no discussion was necessary to add the warning.

I agree. in addition, the description is very strange.
"Dedicated bus service lane or road <...>"
a road with several lanes must not be splitted in several one-lane-way.
so this tag mix access and lane description.

for the road going to a bus station, maybe service=driveway fit.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dservice say :
A driveway is a service road leading to a <...> place of business
+ access tag if needed (it's not always restricted to bus only)