[Tagging] RFC - Feature Proposal - area of steps for pedestrians.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:26:03 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
> On 29. Mar 2019, at 07:05, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>> This one has been sitting for a long while! Still not certain about
>> some aspects of it.
>>
>> See what you make of it.
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Area-steps
>>

>> Discussion here for preference.
>

> can you explain how it relates to this proposal?
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Area

That proposal is very broad , it defines implicit areas of any kind,
steps, ramps, flat bits . I think that is too much in one proposal to
consider and detail.

This proposal only does steps. Just steps. It details how larger step
areas, > say 5 m width, can be mapped.

Consider in this proposal;
should the upper and lower ways be tagged with highway=footway so as to
connect the two laterals?
should the laterals be tagged with highway=steps
That may aid editing, rendering and routing...