[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC (etc) for crossing:signals

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed May 8 10:17:51 UTC 2019

In the United States an unmarked crosswalk is usually legally identical to
a crosswalk marked with painted stripes. Vehicle drivers and bike riders
must stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk whether there is paint or not. In
general, all places where there is a sidewalk on both sides of an
intersection are an unmarked crosswalk, even if there is not a dropped kerb
(curb). I believe this is a general rule, but it is certainly true in  the
western States.