[Tagging] Service road - Can it be a driveway if serving multiple houses?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:21:03 UTC 2019

I’d like to add gated communities: these are completely private settlements, with restricted access, but there is still a road hierarchy that may merit more distinction than just service with and without a driveway qualifier (i.e. we’ll usually solve these with access restrictions).

For me a driveway is either a service on private ground leading to just one house (or maybe duplex/apartment house or other residential building) or to the backstage area of a commercial place like the loading zone of a supermarket. When roads are leading to several properties I would use at least service without the driveway qualifier, or residential.

Cheers Martin