[Tagging] How to tag earth walls in a shooting ramge

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 06:17:21 UTC 2019

The tag barrier=wall should only be used for barriers which are
vertical walls on both sides.

When you have a wall with higher ground on one side, level with the
top of the wall, that's a retaining wall: barrier=retaining_wall

It looks like the original question is about man-made earth slopes,
however, and these are usually tagged man_made=embankment, with the
line at the top of the slope as previously mentioned.

In another thread we have been discussing an additional tag that could
be added for the area of the embankment, perhaps
man_made=embankment_area or similar, but this would be in addition to
mapping the top of the embankment as a line.

(BTW, the whole area of Gualtieri Shooting Club should probably be
leisure=sports_centre rather than leisure=pitch)

Joseph eisenberg