[Tagging] Barrier=berm

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 14:56:13 UTC 2019

Am Do., 28. Nov. 2019 um 15:04 Uhr schrieb Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com
>:

> Please do explain how at rendering I can change what's in the data at
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/53.22594/-0.48389 to something more
> like https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/359607456 so that at anything less
> than z16 you don't just get a mess.  A rendering of the latter one (with
> "emabankment=yes" in this case) can be seen at
> https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=14&lat=53.27001&lon=-0.77707
> .

higher detail requires generalization for lower zoom levels, this is
generally the case. You could create a buffer around the embankments and
check whether there are more of them within a certain range and then do
something ;)

We've had complaints about this area
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/50.96369/14.06799 (and surroundings)
but the actual situation on the ground is very particular:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=basteifelsen&ia=images&iax=images

Cheers
Martin