[Tagging] Strange tags

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 14:54:46 UTC 2019

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 15:46, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue of whether enough people know a name to make it 'truly' a
> name for OSM is, and will always be, a judgment call at the low end. I
> doubt we'll ever find a bright line. There's a fuzzy line somewhere
> between the Pauls and the Catskill 3500s.

Actually, there's a very simple test.  Is somebody motivated enough to add
the list?
It's the same test used to add anything to OSM.  In some cases, a lot of
mappers
will agree that the addition is sensible, in some cases most mappers will
think the addition is stupid, but the only thing that determines if it
appears
or not is if a single person thinks it justified.

--
Paul