[Tagging] Guard booth building type

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 21:26:37 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 7. Oct 2019, at 21:52, Tobias Zwick <osm at westnordost.de> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this word is common in English, I just looked up the translation of the German word for that.

I am not sure what you have translated, but I would re-translate this back as Pförtnerloge, which is not exactly the same thing (it is similar), to me this implies typically a space within the building, near the entrance.

What I am trying to tag would be called Pförtnerhäuschen in German (gatehouse), and is a freestanding or leaning small building, not a room inside another building.

Maybe we’ll have to invent different tags according to the situation (guard of a parking or gate of a site, porter/doorman in a residential complex, reception of an office, etc.)?

examples for the freestanding structures
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Pfoertnerhaeuschen.JPG
http://www.eucont.de/Bilder%20Gebrauchte%20Container/102-1.JPG
etc. (they can be big or small, just for one person or for a team even with several rooms, solid brick and mortar buildings, or metal/glass booths, etc.

Cheers Martin