[Tagging] New tag proposal: 'add=milestone'

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 06:43:04 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 9. Oct 2019, at 03:24, Jorge Aguirre <jorge.aguirre at kaart.com> wrote:
>
> After reading all the responses and comments made regarding this issue I would like to modify the originally proposed tag name ('addr=milestone’) to a new proposal to name it:  ‘addr=road_marker’ - which works for both the kilometer and mile highway location markers.

this implies road markers must be present, right? Isn’t this mainly about the distance from some zero point, even in the absence of road distance markers?
It could be addr:kilometrage to refer specifically to this distance, but I agree on the other hand this would have a reference to kilometers in the tag, which isn’t universally working well on a global level

Cheers Martin