[Tagging] Draft proposal for Key:aerodrome

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 09:14:39 UTC 2019

> re we going to discuss this on the mailing list, or in the wiki discussion page, or both, or what?

"Both" is probably the realistic option.

We can't require anyone to login to wiki.openstreetmap.org to comment
on this idea, though I do think the discussion there would be easier
to follow.

> aeroway=airstrip

This feature is not currently rendered by any maps that I am aware of.

> Many outback homesteads (ranches) have an [aerodrome] with more uses and also usually provides refuelling and basic primitive aircraft services.

This would probably be aerodrome=private, since it's not open to
anyone else other than the ranch / station owners and their invited
guests, I imagine? Adding access=private would be recommended.

- Joseph