[Tagging] "part:wikidata=*" tag proposal for multiple elements connected to the same wikidata id

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:43:25 UTC 2019

One problem

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019, 06:53 Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> I still see no benefit in using part:wikipedia
> or part:wikidata over current version.

One problem with the current system is that if you click one of those
dwarfs in OSM, and see it's linked to an object in wikidata, you have no
way of seeing if that is the whole wikidata object, or just a part of that
object, unless you download the whole OSM database. Or if you are a human,
and you look at the wikipedia article, and see there should be a whole
bunch of dwarfs. But that example doesn't seem as important.

Currently, the second most numerous wikidata tag in OSM is
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q2961670, an item that describes all the
roman roads in historic Gaul in France. All those ways, close to 500 of
them, have wikidata=Q296167. That is obviously not good tagging. But how do
you differentiate good wikidata tagging from bad tagging? I think this rule
and part:wikidata are the way to clean this up. I would give all these
roads part:wikidata=Q29616, and than that looks much closer to reality.