[Tagging] Tourist bus stop

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:44:00 UTC 2019

btw.: those "sightseeing buses" that have been mentioned before, might
merit their own tags, too. In Rome these are quite common (hence locals
don't like them because they are competing for space in the traffic), they
are not public transport (I guess they can not use bus lanes for example),
but they are different from "regular" coaches too. Usually these are open
on the top, you buy a ticket to use them for a certain time (1-2 days) and
they follow routes and have stops (dedicated, not shared with public
transport) and you can hop on and off as much as you want. They are typical
for tourist destinations, e.g. can be found in Seville, Edinburgh, Paris,
Palma de Mallorca, Malaga, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Athens, Dublin, Lisbon,
Budapest, Brussels (just to copy from one of the companies, surely there
will be similar offerings in other parts of the world).

Example foto:
https://www.rometoolkit.com/Images/xcity_sightseeing_bus_rome_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qtzVNApps0.jpg

There are several companies which provide this kind of service, and I guess
they are not compatible (you cannot use the same ticket for different
companies), and with limited routes and pricing at something like 16-25EUR
per person and 24h (they will only operate for example from 8:30-19:30
though), these are not an alternative to public transport (1,50 EUR for 2
hours).

I will not map them (unless they pay for it ;-) ), but we should take care
that they are NOT mapped as highway=bus_stop, or generally with public
transport tags, that's why I mention them.

Cheers,
Martin