[Tagging] Aerialway stations

dktue email at daniel-korn.de
Wed Aug 12 15:46:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

1) maybe "station=lower_station" would be clearer
2) I couldn't find any real-world example
3) Probably this would be the definition of a mid-station.

Interesting example:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1613091788

Here within the same building we have "Talstation" ("valley station")
and "Bergstation" ("mountain station") of the aerialway
"Gaislachkoglbahn" wheres the arealway itself is separated in to
sections name "Gaislachkoglbahn I" (lower) and "Gaislachkoglbahn II"
(upper). I think because people have to get out and change the aerialway
to proceed furtuher to the top it's correct that this is not a
mid-station. I would expect from a mid-station that I can get off but I
might be able to stay and go further.

Cheers
dktue