[Tagging] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Aerialway stations

dktue email at daniel-korn.de
Sat Aug 15 12:16:58 UTC 2020

For me both schemes would be fine. I have no problem using "lower",
"upper" and "mid" even if the upper station is lower than some mid
stations. The definition from the wiki will then still explain how to
tag it and it's a rare case where the mapper probably will look for the
definition in the wiki. And your improvement regarding the defition
itself is absolutely correct. There's no need to state the fact that
it's the opposite end. So I'll give it a new try:

Definition:

     aerialway:station=lower

for the station at the end of the aerialway with the lower altitude,

     aerialway:station=upper

for the station at the end of the aerialway with the higher altitude,

     aerialway:station=mid

for any station not being at the end of and aerialway.

Anyone who wants to improve or oppose to this definition?

Cheers
dktue