[Tagging] tourism=caravan_site versus tourism=camp_site: camping with a tent

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:45:50 UTC 2020

On 15/8/20 10:54 am, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> But what do you do for a place, called a Camping Ground, that is a big
> area of grass, mostly without defined "pitches" & where you can camp
> anyway you like: sleep in your car; on the ground; in a tent / camper
> trailer / caravan / motorhome?

Local context. If you camp in some, most?, German camp grounds you are
give a designated pitch and 'must' only use that pitch. Adels Grove in
Queensland, Australia also use the same system. But most Australian camp
ground allow you to pitch anywhere.

For the anywhere and anything camp grounds, tents=yes and caravans=yes
fit... IIRC there was something for camper trailers? There is nothing
for car_camp=yes/no as yet.

While tents=yes/no works and is acceptable tent:capacity=* is more
detailed. For most Australian camp grounds the capacity would be hard to
determine, so I just use tents=yes/no.