[Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 10:13:31 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 23. Aug 2020, at 10:17, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The house number is not 12 and it is not 14, it actually is 12-14, because 2 buildings were torn down and a single building was built instead of it. This also happens when people or companies acquire 2 adjacent buildings, they often also start using both house numbers as their address.

In Italy this happens all the time, because every door and shop window (potential entrance) gets a housenumber, so it is very common that shops have addresses with several numbers. Sometimes they use just a single number of those that they “have” as address (not even necessarily the one of the door, but the one they are registered under) in other cases (very common) they use multiple numbers.

I usually map both, individual numbers on entrances and windows and coalesced ones for addresses on POIs (as they use them themselves).

Cheers Martin