[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:07:39 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 14:46, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 9:00 AM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.
>
>> All of which has drifted somewhat off topic, but until we have a
>> reasonable understanding of how different legislations handle
>> things we don't have a good model of how we ought to go
>> about mapping them (or even if we should map them).
>>

> I'm not sure I understand this.  It sounds like these questions are
> perfectly satisfied by fee=* and access=* (and its derivatives, such as
> fishing=*), not to mention related_law=* if you really want to get into it.

Yes, we already have fee and access which can cope with these things.
What we didn't have was an understanding in the US that such tags
were even applicable or that anyone might wish to map fishing
features on rivers, especially pools that don't "bulge" enough to
be obvious from aerial imagery but which are obvious from
detailed measurement (using, say, a rod, line and float) on
the ground.  The legislation affects the degree to which
such details become public knowledge.

--
Paul