[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr:interpolation on closed ways and nodes

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 17:48:01 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 17:08, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Re: " for addresses the increment ought to default to 2, since that is
> most commonly encountered."
>
> That is true in England, but might not be true in the world at large. It's
> not common in Indonesia.

I was thinking of Wales. :)  In my town there are streets where the
houses have only names.  Where numbers are used the increment
is mostly two but I've encountered one street with boustrophedon
numbering and others where one side of the street is numbers
(increment 1) and the other side has only house names.  Actually,
that street is more complicated as halfway along the numbering
moves to the opposite side of the street but maintains the sequence,
showing that the named houses never had numbers.

--
Paul