[Tagging] Proposed feature - RFC - Military Bases

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:56:22 UTC 2020

Sent a message to the LWG a week ago but no response to date.

In the interest of moving this proposal forward, I am happy to modify the
wording to Mateusz's suggestion:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 18:36, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Maybe something like that:
>
> "Mapping military installations is not against OSM rules.
> Note that some countries may prohibit mapping of military installations and
> take action against those doing so, even if the mapper is not in that
> country.  You are advised to check before mapping a military
> installation if doing so might put you at risk."

Is this acceptable to everybody?

& do you all also accept that if / when the LWG comes back with a
definitive response, that it be changed to their wording, or completely
deleted if applicable?

Thanks

Graeme