[Tagging] How to tag an utilitarian fountain?

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Thu Feb 6 20:54:11 UTC 2020

I did read the description closely, and what I said still applies: in
Portugal it is a fountain in the way it is described in Britain, an
amenity=fountain with no drinking water.
That's what I'm trying to explain from the beginning: it doesn't matter
if it has drinking water or not, it will always be a fountain. But in
the cases (the majority of them) that they have, we should be allowed to
apply the drinking_water=yes, regardless if in Britain that's not the case.
This way, everyone is happy: you still call it fountain in Britain, and
I still call it fountain in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal or wherever,
with the difference that the chance of them having potable water is higher.