[Tagging] How to tag Landscaping tarpaper / weedblocking paper

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:21:26 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 7:57 AM John Willis via Tagging
<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> So what would be a good surface=* be for it? Tarpaper sounds too close to the roofing material, which could cause confusion.

I use one grade of the stuff for weed control in my vegetable garden,
while another underlies the brickwork on some walkways near my house.

These materials are typically not paper, nor plastic film, but rather
some sort of woven or felted material (Tyvek, for instance, is a felt
made of polyethylene fibres). All of them are commonly sold around
here as 'landscaping fabric'; perhaps `surface=fabric` might be a
suitable tag?