[Tagging] 2. Re: RFC free_water

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:35:20 UTC 2020

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 22:19, European Water Project <
europeanwaterproject at gmail.com> wrote:

>>    2. Re: RFC free_water (Paul Allen)

> customers .... yes, we are combatting all single-use waste related to
> bottled water.

I can imagine a cafe offering free water in a glass to non-customers.
Except for
the problem that the person would have to consume it inside the cafe, taking
up space where a paying customer could sit.  Except for the fact the cafe
would
than have the (admittedly small) cost of cleaning the glass afterwards.  I
can
see it happening in rare cases such as somebody goes in because they're
feeling faint.  I can't see it being offered as a general service.

To be honest, I can't see any cafe in the UK offering more than this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42808302

--
Paul