[Tagging] Query regarding seasonal tag combined for outdoor water fountains.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 15:09:00 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 20. Jan. 2020 um 16:01 Uhr schrieb European Water Project <
europeanwaterproject at gmail.com>:

> Wouldn't it make more sense for mappers to tag status=broken or status=out
> _of_order instead of deleting ?

personally I have changed them to "disused:amenity=drinking_water" (and
back then).
The problem with additional status qualifiers is that dataconsumers must be
aware of them (usually none is aware and all continue to show drinking
water where the currently isn't).

Certainly, deleting isn't a good option, and we discourage it for cases
like this (I guess it IS indeed discouraged).

Cheers,
Martin