[Tagging] road names and refs

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:45:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 12:09 PM Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> addr:street= should be tagged anyway, and that's where you can put your "County Route 34".  Attempting to infer this based off the nearest street should be a last resort because, at least in the US, it's not uncommon for what the street's actually named and signed to be radically different than the postal address's street name for simplicity or brevity's sake.

I do that, too, when I do address points or building footprints. I
don't propose importing my county's address points (because of data
quality issues) or its building footprints (because of licensing
issues) so that happens manually on a catch-as-catch-can basis. If
you're proposing 'addr:street' on the way, that's fraught with another
set of issues - but I don't think that's what you're proposing.
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin