[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:16:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 23:59, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2. Jul 2020, at 00:44, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I cannot deny the possibility, but I have never seen a takeaway
> kebab shop with seats for queuing customers.
>

> typical configuration in such places around here is a board (“table”)
> attached to the wall and bar stools. You can use it while waiting but also
> to eat if you want.
>
> example pic with limited outdoor and indoor seating, typical situation:

I've never seen anything like that with a takeaway.  Cafes, yes.  Seats
outside used when it's sunny, seats inside used when it's raining.  Not
any takeway that I recall.

Damn you foreigners with your strange foreign ways!  Why do you insist
on making everything so complicated?  It's times like this I start to take
seriously bkil's joking suggestion of lumping all food vendors under one
tag.
Real life is too blurry for us to categorize.

I can't let Britain down in the bizarre food vendors contest. A butcher near
me sells various types of raw meat (obviously).  There are also racks
outside on the pavement: a rack of fruit and a rack of vegetables.  I was
informed a few years ago by an alcoholic that the butcher also sold wine
(I never went in to check).  During tourist season, also outside is a
chicken
rotisserie.  So he sells fast food.  How do we tag a fast food, alcoholic,
grocering butcher?

How would you tag your example?  It doesn't really seem a good fit for
any tag we have.

--
Paul