[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:13:13 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 2. Jul 2020, at 01:18, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How would you tag your example?  It doesn't really seem a good fit for
> any tag we have.

I don’t know the specific place, but typically I would tag
amenity=fast_food
cuisine=kebap

It also says “pizza” but from looking at the place I would say it is not a place you would like to find when looking for pizza, that’s why I would omit it probably ;-) I know may seem inconsistent. For good pizza places you should look out for oven=wood_fired anyway. Generally the distinction is “cut pizza” (al taglio), “round pizza” (pizze tonde) and places like this. ;-)

I am not adding takeaway and seating tags until now, but I might start doing it.

IMHO it’s not an issue that there is seating, I expected that these places have seating, until you claimed they did not ;-)

We must not require a fast_food to have seating or not IMHO, although it may be good to add this as additional information, but if the place had a few more seats, or no seats at all, the basic category would remain the same for me (primarily interested in the kind of food they sell).

Cheers Martin