[Tagging] Waterway equivalent of noexit=yes?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:00:41 UTC 2020

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 16:27, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchfamily.org> wrote:

> We are still left with the situation where an ephemeral waterway fans out
> over the desert and disappears. We need some sort of tagging to indicate
> this is not a mistake and I’ve not seen a tag or value come up in this
> discussion that has any existing use or consensus in the list.

I thought I already mentioned that Ordnance Survey calls them spreads.
If not, I've just mentioned it.

> Anyway, back to waterways dissipating in the desert. Where the flowing
> water disappears varies considerably from storm to storm so maybe it
> shouldn’t even be a tag on the last node of the way. Maybe the last section
> of the way could have a tag instead?
>
> Would a tag on the way be better or worse than a tag on the last node on
> the way?

Tagging the node is wrong if there are clear fan-outs.  OTOH, you could
tag the terminal node on each fan-out in that case.  Tagging part of the
way implies that you KNOW that particular length of the way is all where
water dissipates into the ground.

I'd go with a node.  Render it as a large asterisk.

--
Paul