[Tagging] Farmlands subject to rotation of crops

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:18:44 UTC 2020

On 22/7/20 12:53 am, Michael Montani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to check with you which is the best way to map farmlands
> subject to rotation of crops. An example could be of a farmland used
> for general crop in one part of the year and left it at rest for the
> remaining part of the year, being actually used as a meadow for
> animals grazing there.
>
> Which would be the best way to tag such area?

landuse=farmland

Optionally add?
description=crop rotation
produce=crop (this is non specific... possibly add detail with
produce=wheat,barley,crop is specific crops are known?)
comment=crop rotation

When a field is fallow then I would not use farmland=meadow as this is
incorrect ... unless it is truly used as animal grazing or harvesting
the plants. Some crop lands are used after harvesting from grazing of
animals but this is a temporary thing that is a small percentage of the
time, so I don't map it.. too much to keep upto date and that would be
confusing for maps that don't update on a weekly basis.