[Tagging] TRAVEL_DIR (and other fields) in shapefile?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:21:19 UTC 2020

This might be somewhat OT, but it's OSM-related, so...

I have a shapefile I obtained from a county's GIS¹. In addition to road
names (sometimes) and speed limits (yay!), there is an attribute
TRAVEL_DIR, which seems to have the possible values (at least) 1, 2 and
3. Does anyone know what this field means? (I was hoping there might be
some indication what roads are one-way, but I have not been able to
determine a definite relation.)

For that matter, is there other useful information I might be able to
extract? (For example, I wonder what TYPE_CODE means...)

I'm sort-of hoping these might be using some US standard system and not
something the county made up. There seem to be some indications of that
from trying to search the internet for information, but I was unable to
find any sort of legend.

(¹ https://gisdata-pwcgov.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/roads)

--
Matthew