[Tagging] Map maintenance with StreetComplete - Preferred tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:40:58 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 30. Jul 2020, at 10:39, ael <witwall3 at disroot.org> wrote:
>
> often without survey, and then do not update the source, so
> that tag becomes completely misleading.

that’s what happens all the time. When I edit things that already have a source tag (generally source=Bing) I am removing it, as it is not valid any more. I thought it was established practice that sources belong to edits and not to objects

There’s a reason why source tags on objects are discouraged. To make sense of them you have to dig into the object history anyway. Too many people just keep/ignore the source tags regardless of their own edits.

Cheers Martin