Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:20:55 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 05:06, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> How much time do you think I should spend searching for these people who
> might know of it? And then once found how much time should I spend trying
> to contact them?
>
> Think about what you are asking an unpaid mapper to do?
>
> I would think contacting the author and/or past editors of the item in OSM
> is enough.

I am asking even less work, I am asking to leave an object that is tagged
as razed railway in the database and not remove it without contacting the
mapper who inserted it.

Anyway the examples you find in OSM are few and in all cases I know the
completely erased bits are a tiny part of the overall ex-railway.

The same argument applies also to ex-roads. A thing which springs to mind
would be tagging the ex-Route 66, of which huge stretches still exist in
different forms. (I rode it on bicycle) This would be a very interesting
and pertinent job in OSM.

Volker

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>