[Tagging] Features underwater (inside reservoirs)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:14:29 UTC 2020

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 10:33, Cornelis <cornelis.H at web.de> wrote:

> With these tags and the surrounding footways the bridge is treatey as
> normal (foot)way by OSRM and graphhopper, altough it only falls dry roughly
> every other autumn. Is this a tagging issue that may be resolved with
> correct/additional tags? After reading the discussion I think at least
> three tags should be added:
>
> Then some questions on other tags currently in use:
> • historic=bridge seems ok to me, but I'm not sure if it is a conflict
> with building=bridge. Do I have to choose either one?

They are not mutually exclusive.  If it is a tourist attraction then it
could
also have tourism=attraction.

• intermittent seems to only be in use with water bodies, as far as i can
> tell after reading the wiki article.
> • seasonal is somewhat related with intermittent but in use for other
> things as well. Should I remove these two, nonetheless?

Neither seem appropriate to me.  However, what you should have is access=no
to prevent routers from including it in walking routes.  What you could do,
show it is occasionally usable (if it is), is something like:

    access=no
    access:conditional=yes @ (above water)

I may not have the correct syntax there.  If so, somebody will be along to
correct me.

--
Paul