[Tagging] Features underwater (inside reservoirs)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:30:54 UTC 2020

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 09:24, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> But <access_key>:conditional = yes @ some text does not meet the
> specification of <access_key>:conditional as per the wiki.

From
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_time_and_other_conditional_restrictions

    For a full description and more examples, please see the conditional
restrictions page.

The page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions
isn't as clear as it could be in defining the syntax.  I went by these
examples:

Road condition: For example, *wet*, *snow*. It is noted that the condition
*wet* corresponds to *:wet* in e.g. maxspeed:wet
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:maxspeed:wet&action=edit&redlink=1>
=*. Using *wet* as a condition is recommended in order to streamline the
syntax of restriction tags ("maxspeed:wet" was introduced at a time when no
proper way of tagging conditional restrictions existed).

User group: The restriction relates to a specific user group, e.g. doctor,
disabled, emergency, female.

>From those, it appears that the condition is free-form text except for cases
like opening hours.

--
Paul

Is there anything to say <access_key>:conditional will accept text entries
> and those are be used by any render?

I've not done any digging.  Are you aware of any conditional applying to any
tag which affects the rendering?  As far as I can see, the standard map
renders as though the condition were not met.  How would you expect the
renderer to show it?  The only options are show it as condition not met;
show it as condition met; and show it in some weird hybrid form (which
would have to be specifically coded for most possible hybrids).

--
Paul