[Tagging] Features underwater (inside reservoirs)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:12:08 UTC 2020

On 9/6/20 9:30 pm, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 09:24, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>

>     But <access_key>:conditional = yes @ some text does not meet the
>     specification of <access_key>:conditional as per the wiki.
>

> From
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_time_and_other_conditional_restrictions
>
>     For a full description and more examples, please see the
> conditional restrictions page.
>
> The page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions
> isn't as clear as it could be in defining the syntax.  I went by these
> examples:
>
> Road condition: For example, *wet*, *snow*. It is noted that the
> condition *wet* corresponds to *:wet* in e.g. maxspeed:wet
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:maxspeed:wet&action=edit&redlink=1>=*.
> Using *wet* as a condition is recommended in order to streamline the
> syntax of restriction tags ("maxspeed:wet" was introduced at a time
> when no proper way of tagging conditional restrictions existed).
>
> User group: The restriction relates to a specific user group, e.g.
> doctor, disabled, emergency, female.
>
> From those, it appears that the condition is free-form text except for
> cases
> like opening hours.

Opening_hours provides for free form text.

>From https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours#Summary_syntax

*comment:* |"|text|"|

    A short comment (wrapped in |"| but not containing any |"| within)
    showing applicable restrictions or specifications, e.g. |"children
    only"|, |"limited service"|, or |"reservation by phone"|.
    This comment is intended to be displayed in applications and not to
    be interpreted automatically.