[Tagging] bicycle_parking=? for stands where handlebar is used to hold bicycle in position

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Jun 14 19:16:58 UTC 2020

Jun 14, 2020, 20:51 by Lukas.Toggenburger at fhgr.ch:

> Do we need additional steps to make this value "official"?

You can go through a https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process
but it is unlikely to add anything.

You can try asking for support in editors (JOSM presets etc), but not sure how necessary
it is. Is it popular and significantly undertagged in some regions or is it rare and exotic type?

>  I would like to propose it as an additional option in StreetComplete ( > https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete>  ) but don't want to do it prematurely.

It appears to be extremely rare (based on number of tags so far), so it is likely that
answer will be "for rare situations the can't say option that will leave a freeform note is available"

See also https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/issues/1202
https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/issues/1038 that are related.

See also initial discussion in https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/pull/923

Note: I am not a maintainer of StreetComplete - but I would encourage looking
through what I linked before creating a new issue