[Tagging] 回覆﹕ Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:03:58 UTC 2020

On 27/06/2020 17:02, 德泉 談 via Tagging wrote:
> In previous discussion we haven’t clarify that “cafe” is a place
> serving coffee drinks or a place providing seat for the consumer to
> have something like coffee or donut.

A cafe in British English is a place serving cheap hot meals eaten on
the premises. The Oxford English Dictionary refers to it as 'a class of
restaurant', which is probably slightly euphemistic for a working-class
restaurant (except that 'restaurant' implies something grander so
'eating-place' might be better). They tend to serve things like ham, egg
and chips or sausage, beans and chips, while in the morning they do a
roaring trade in cooked breakfasts. There is a subcategory called
'transport cafe'. They're not any different from other cafes except that
they are in places where lorry drivers park up.

--
Steve