[Tagging] RFC amenity=student_accommodation

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:42:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 04:23, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Sa., 29. Feb. 2020 um 06:55 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
> joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:
>

>> Note that landuse=residential is commonly used with a name=* tag to
>> map named apartment complexes which have several buildings, in
>> California, Singapore and Indonesia at least.

Mentioned previously that I've always done that, but tried it for the
Student Village when this came up the other day & it works fine!

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-27.96813/153.38157

IMHO it is something we should work on. Residential compounds / aparment
> complexes could get there own tagging orthogonal to landuse.

Sorry, Martin, don't quite understand? You're saying we shouldn't map them
this way?

Thanks

Graeme