[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - hiking_trail_relation_roles

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:47:48 UTC 2020

Op 5 mrt. 2020 om 23:18 heeft Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> On 6/3/20 1:27 am, Peter Elderson wrote:
>> Do you know trails with detached sections? We have some in Nederland, on the islands. Doesn't fit in the proposed role scheme, I think.
> How would you get to these 'detached sections"?
>
> If by ferry, would not the ferry trip form part of the route?

Ferry or private boat, and maybe a short walk or bus to the starting point. However, the approach is not waymarked nor described as part of the route. I think this one is more like a collection of separate walks under one name, marketed as one trail with one paper guide. Oops, I may have woken up a sleeping dog there... the "a relation is not a collection" lobby...

Another trail really has a detached loop, described and waymarked as part of the main route while the connecting bit is not waymarked. I think probably waymarking is not allowed in part of the area and there is no way around it.
Peter Elderson