[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Public Transport v3

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:46:06 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 10:07:08AM +0000, John Doe wrote:

> Stereo and I have been working on a schema that makes it easier to create and maintain public transport route relations. We would like to invite feedback, questions, and suggestions, so it can mature and hopefully gain widespread use.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Simpler_public_transport_route_relations

Very much like the possibility to map routes without specifying every
single way segments.

One thing that seems hard to deduce is that eg buses take different routing
depending on various policies. For example local buses in many places will never
enter a freeway because they may have standing passengers which restricts them
to a maximum operating speed incompatible with the use of freeways.
Some use toll roads preferentially while others avoid them deliberately.

Richard