[Tagging] Please fix unnamed square tagging / was: ... description of place=square

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:54:52 UTC 2020

My only problem with "fixing unnamed place=square" is that i know at least
2 locations where the village center open area is definitely a place=square
(i.e. an open area with some car parks, and open just in front of the
church that was historically the place for gathering people but also cattle
(and now used for people, cars, market, village gathering,...)) *but they
have no name, it is just an open area.* We just refer it to the "Place"
(literally "Square" in french), and sometimes we say "Place du village"
(Village square). Do you think that adding the name = "Place" is preferable
? It might be what we want even if it is not official ? Or would you map it
otherwise, maybe place=locality (but it seems wierd to me) ? :-)

Regards,
Lionel