[Tagging] Please fix unnamed square tagging / was: ... description of place=square

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:45:13 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 23. März 2020 um 09:56 Uhr schrieb Lionel Giard <
lionel.giard at gmail.com>:

> My only problem with "fixing unnamed place=square" is that i know at least
> 2 locations where the village center open area is definitely a place=square
> (i.e. an open area with some car parks, and open just in front of the
> church that was historically the place for gathering people but also cattle
> (and now used for people, cars, market, village gathering,...)) *but they
> have no name, it is just an open area.*

indeed, while names are very common, they should not necessarily be a hard
requirement, if everyone agrees that the area in question is indeed a
square / place. Btw., place=locality without a name doesn't make more sense
than place=square, but less.

Cheers
Martin