[Tagging] Adding values healthcare=dispensary and healthcare=community_care?

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Wed May 20 00:48:17 UTC 2020

Thanks a lot for the feedback received so far.

Well noted regarding the wider "dispensary" meaning, let's try to agree on
another word ;-)
And it's helpful to see that these tags could be used on other continents
too.

Regarding the current values of the healthcare key, it seems to me that
while half of them are effectively based on the main provider side
(dentist, doctor, nurse, midwife...) as described by Joseph, the other half
are described as facilities (hospital, clinic, centre, laboratory, hospice,
birthing_center...). Even the definition of the key says healthcare=* is
used to map a facility that provides healthcare (part of the healthcare
sector).

Therefore, if we keep the facility angle, "health_post" and
"community_care_site" values would make sense. Otherwise, based on the main
provider, we could use "nurse" and "community_relay" (if this literal
translation makes any sense in English). Which option makes more sense in
your opinion and why?

Claire