[Tagging] Fall protection mats on playgrounds

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 21:56:26 UTC 2021

Re: “ To my understanding "rubber" implies a caoutchouc based material”

No, in English “Rubber” includes any kind of flexible / elastic material
which is somewhat similar to natural rubber, eg waterproof or rubbery

“ an elastic
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/elastic> substance
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/substance> (= that
stretches <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/stretch>)
made
either from the juice
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/juice> of particular
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/particular>tropical
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/tropical> trees
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/sycamore> or
artificially
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/artificially>*”*

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/rubber

“* rubber*. [uncountable] a strong substance that can be stretched and does
not allow liquids to pass through it, used for making tyres, boots, etc. It
is made from the liquid (= sap) inside a tropical plant or is produced
using chemicals.”

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/rubber_1