[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:42:47 UTC 2021

“A trail, path, or other way that is not intended for motor vehicles. See highway=path and highway=pedestrian”

rather than pedestrian, I would list footway, cycleway and bridleway here. Pedestrian streets are typically intended for motor vehicles at specific times and for specific purposes, while most of the time access for motor vehicles is restricted.

2. For access to leisure related features like camping sites I have always used service or higher, and not track, not sure they make a good example for track.

Cheers Martin