[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page - Third Draft

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Apr 7 13:21:59 UTC 2021

Apr 7, 2021, 14:41 by zelonewolf at gmail.com:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:59 AM Christoph Hormann <> osm at imagico.de> > wrote:
>
>> You could write something like: Roads that primarily serve as access to the land itself and as such are further characterized by low use frequency and don't practically serve a regular connectivity role in the regular road network.
>>

> This is an improvement, but I think it's still too verbose.  I would say:
>
> Low-usage land access roads

This is not really working. There are highway=track with heavy traffic.
With high number of passages of logging trucks every day,
at least during logging season.
There are highway=service service=driveway
not used even once for months or years.

> "low usage" is redundant with "not a regular connective role"

Maybe in some places, but not generally.

>  and the description of "regular road network" is confusing, because of course they ARE connected to the regular road network and therefore a part of it

"regular road network" could be defined a bit better. But they are nor part of it
(for example garage and driveway and home is also connected to
"regular road network without being part of it).

> Alternately, it might imply that these are private (as opposed to public) roads, but that is also often not true.

It is not about this, or at least it should not be about this.