[Tagging] remove “rendering” from proposal template

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Thu Apr 22 15:44:34 UTC 2021

Am 22.04.2021 um 15:39 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> The proposal template adds a Rendering section, but it doesn’t make sense. There is some point of having such a section for tag definition pages (in case there is a representation on the “standard” map(s?)), but for a proposal I believe this only creates false expectations.
>
> Let’s remove “Rendering” from the template.
I think that in a proposal you already have fundamental thoughts about a
possible rendering. Especially in the "official" standard style. Because
you don't just have to think about how the world can be described, but
also how it can be represented (by renderers, or other dataconsumers).
So an deprecation of that, I see rather wrong. We should rather be more
specific.

And at the same time, many wiki readers keep making a mental comparison
at least to OSM-Carto. I think you are raising what I also silently
thought about at times. If, for example, OSM-Carto is the "official
standard layer" (which is actually due to the use on openstreetmap.org),
to what extent should the community also have an influence in this area
..... But this is not an issue (only) for them Tagging ML